This time to the list...

On 01/06/17 08:02, ophusky wrote:
> Tomcat version:8.0.43.0
> Nginx  version:openresty/1.11.2.2
> OS:CentOS Linux release 7.3.1611 (Core)
>
> I have already configure tomcat to use the DIGEST certification,
> When I have direct access to Tomcat  all normal,
> http://192.168.122.130:8080/sample/test/test.html  can trigger the
> certification and passed.
> But when I through the nginx proxy access,
> http://192.168.122.130/tomcat/sample/test/test.html   have a few
> problems,can trigger the certification but can't passed ,repeated
> authentication dialog.

<snip/>

> nginx.conf
>
> location ~ /tomcat/ {
>             rewrite ^/tomcat/(.*) /$1 break;
>             proxy_pass http://192.168.122.130:8080;
> }
>
> Why cannot be accessed through the nginx and certified ? please help me
> ,thanks!

The request URL forms part of the DIGEST authentication process. By
changing it in the reverse proxy, you are breaking the authentication
process.

You can disable the URI validation. See the validateUri attribute in
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-9.0-doc/config/valve.html#Digest_Authenticator_Valve/Attributes

Mark