I'm experiencing the exact same issue with 8.5.14 - cipher list seems to be
ignored, regardless of what I put in SSLAbs and validating via browser on my
website a set of ciphers is used that I have not listed.

I am able to change protocols (for instance, I can remove TLSv1 and the
system correctly makes that change), but any changes to ciphers is
completely ignored.  I've tried adding just one cipher, I've tried OpenSSL
and Standard cipher names, I've put in gibberish.  All end in the exact same
result, no errors in the log and a list of cipher suites that I did not get
to pick.

I've also validated that the ciphers that I want to use are available to
Java - using 1.8, (
http://markmail.org/message/zn4namfhypyxum23#query:+page:1+mid:zn4namfhypyxum23+state:results
<http://markmail.org/message/zn4namfhypyxum23#query:+page:1+mid:zn4namfhypyxum23+state:results>

)

Really appreciate help or direction that anyone can give!

Todd

My relevant config: