Hi,

I have an issue between org.apache.catalina.valves.rewrite.RewriteValve
and org.apache.catalina.servlets.DefaultServlets

If my request is forwarded by the RewriteValve and then pass into
doDirectoryRedirect in DefaultServlets to be redirected. The hidden
rewritten URI is displayed in the browser.

To test it, try the following example (any tomcat 8, 8.5 or 9)

add RewriteValve in conf/server.xml
<Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.rewrite.RewriteValve"/>

add rewriteRule in conf/Catalina/localhost/rewrite.config
RewriteRule ^/iWantThisVisible/(.*)$/examples/$1/

start tomcat

go to following URLs (any internet browser) :
http://localhost:8080/iWantThisVisible/servlets
http://localhost:8080/iWantThisVisible/servlets/

Regards

Jeremie