On 8/16/17, 11:43 AM, André Warnier (tomcat) wrote:
, , ,
So as a start, look at /etc/init.d/tomcat7 on your system, and check
what other files this calls/references. One important thing here, is
what the environment variable CATALINA_BASE ends up containing.

Ok. This is starting to look interesting. CATALINA_BASE seems to be set to /var/lib/tomcat7.

And when I do an "ls -l" on /var/lib/tomcat7, I find that "conf" is a symbolic link to /etc/tomcat7, and "logs" and "work" are also symbolic links.

Now THIS is interesting: in /etc/tomcat7/Catalina/localhost, I find a couple of files, "manager.xml" and "host-manager.xml," and both of them contain a "Context" tag with a docBase pointing to where the corresponding contexts live.

Am I getting any closer to understanding how this works?

--
JHHL