Am 01.11.2017 um 10:53 schrieb Olaf Kock:

On 01.11.2017 06:00, Chaitanya Sabbineni wrote:
I had a application where multiple requests are coming at same time
because of which 1 request is overridden by other.Is so can Any one let me
know if there is a way to achieve this.

Tomcat easily handles simultaneous requests - it rather looks like your application can't do so. A common cause for this are servlets that keep state in member variables. I'd say, the way to fix it is to debug&fix your application, not artificially limit the number of requests that you can accept.

Yes, I should have also said that. You can limit concurrency, but concurrency is how you typically achieve performance and is something not to prevent, but to make it work instead.

So in this case the semaphore valve is just a dirty workaround, not the solution you should aim for.

Regards,

Rainer