Hi,

Am 11.05.2018 15:47, schrieb Mark H. Wood:
"Is there an easy way?"  Depends on what you find easy. :-/

I usually just load old and new server.xml into a maximized Emacs with
two windows, and thoughtfully copy stuff over, after reading the
release notes to learn of stuff to look out for.  Other configuration
I usually don't touch, and webapp.s should just copy over without much
trouble.

As for the keystore:  I've recently moved that out of my Tomcat
configurations into the place where I keep other certificates and
keys, and I configure Tomcat to look for it there.  So I just copy
those settings over and the keystore stays where it was.

I also tend to install the webapp.s elsewhere and just drop in
external Context files to point to them, so copying these is a snap.

Nobody mentioned the usage of CATALINA_BASE vs. CATALINA_HOME

Besides diffing the conf-dirs I just update CATALINA_HOME with the new version, restart and then it's done.

Best regards

Peter