On 19.08.19 15:41, John Dale wrote:
> Does this get included in the apt framework for ubuntu automatically?
>
> John
>

> On 8/19/19, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>> The Apache Tomcat team announces the immediate availability of Apache
>> Tomcat 9.0.24.

If nothing changed since I looked at it last time, ubuntu didn't update
to a new version, but at most backported some fixes while staying on
roughly the same version. At least typically.

I'm looking at the currently available information on the "tomcat9"
package in ubuntu 18.04, and I'm seeing version info like
"9.0.16-3~18.04.1".

If you want to be on the latest and greatest tomcat version, you should
rather maintain it for yourself. If you want the distribution to
maintain your tomcat, you're likely not on the very latest version.

Olaf