Peter,

On 9/9/19 17:37, Peter Kreuser wrote:
> Isn‘t that what client certs are for? Https to identify Server A,
> Client cert to authenticate Server B?

Yes, it sounds like the OP is re-designing TLS mutual authentication.

Michael, do you see any issues with using TLS client certificates for
this application? You'd have to write *much* less code and get
probably a higher level of security (because you aren't implementing
it yourself).

- -chris

>> Am 09.09.2019 um 21:10 schrieb M. Manna <manme...@gmail.com>:
>>
>> Why not use JWT cookies/tokens? You sign your claims and only you
>> can validate the claims and ensure that it’s coming from the
>> right place/user.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>>> On Mon, 9 Sep 2019 at 19:26, Michael Duffy
>>> <mduffy...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I need to communicate securely between two Tomcat servers
>>> running in two different environments.  I have control of both
>>> servers.
>>>
>>> I would like to do this through a simple REST call from
>>> Server-B to Server-A.
>>>
>>> On the server I am communicating to, Server-A, I can easily set
>>> up HTTPS with a self-signed certificate.  If I import this
>>> certificate into the Java Keystore on Server-B, I can make a
>>> trusted HTTPS Rest call from my Java code on Server-B.
>>>
>>> Good instructions for doing this can be found here:
>>>
>>> https://blog.10pines.com/2017/09/25/how-to-communicate-via-https-bet
ween-two-tomcat-servers-using-a-self-signed-certificate/

I would also like to add a confirmation that the Rest call to Server-A i