ср, 4 дек. 2019 г. в 20:28, Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>:

> All,
>
> I feel like I should be able to figure this out on my own, but I'm
> drawing a blank.
>
> I'm trying to upgrade from Apache Tomcat 8.0.35 to Apache Tomcat
> 8.5.35 and I'm getting errors on a certain portion of the
> conf/server.xml configuration.
>
> I copy have a perfect copy/paste of the config file here but basically
> this is configuring a keystore for TLS. Something like this:
>
> <Connector [...]
> keystoreFile="E:\path\to\keystore.jks"
> [...]
> />
>
> The error is "unknown protocol: e". Clearly, Tomcat/Java/URL/whatever
> thinks that "E:" is a protocol. No problem... this has to be a file
> URL, so let's make it a file URL: [...]

Chris,

1) Do know where that message is produced? (Stacktrace? What version of Tomcat?)

E.g. it may be that the code has several attempts to use the value a)
as file path, b) as URL,  and you only see the message from the second
attempt b), but it is a) that fails.

Is your keystoreFile path correct?

2) Why the settings are specified on a <Connector>. They will be
translated into <SSLHostConfig>/<Certificate> on the fly, but maybe
something is broken.

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-9.0-doc/config/http.html#SSL_Support_-_Certificate
It says that certificateKeystoreFile can be an URI.

3) Does you connector use JSSE or OpenSSL?

There is some code that translates between the two configuration
flavors on the fly, but maybe something is broken.

> I'm using Oracle Java 1.8.0 build 161.

FYI, an up-to-date version of Java 8 for Windows is available from AdoptOpenJDK.
https://adoptopenjdk.net/

It is 8u232 now.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko