On 09/12/2019 00:57, Nelligan, Steven M wrote:

> I am trying to rebuild my applications and all of a sudden, I am getting the
> following error:
>
> Our backend application (from third party has been updated) It is using Java
> 11.

You'll need at least 7.0.88 for Java 11 support.

> When I first tried this a couple of weeks ago... I needed up trying to
> upgrade Tomcat to the latest release of 7.0_94

That is what I would recommend (or latest 8.5.x / 9.0.x but that is
probably changing too much in one go).

> Everything started to fall apart, the javax modules were failing, etc.  I
> finally realized I was chasing my tail.
> Every time I got one thing working, two more broke.
>
> Restored everything back and went through the rebuild.

You are going to have to try this again. Can I suggest you post the
first error you see here and we can try and talk you through fixing it.

> I tried to copy the annotation_api.jar file from Tomcat 7.0_94 into tomcat
> 7.0_45 but nothing would deploy...

Why do that?

Mark