On 17/04/2020 13:36, Emilio Fernandes wrote:

<snip/>

> Right, for Java based apps it just depends whether there is a JDK/JRE for
> the CPU architecture.
> What about the C based code - tcnative and the connectors (mod_jk) ?

Generally, if httpd builds then mod_jk should build and my default
position would be that we should consider it a bug if it didn't. I guess
there might be an exception there but I can't think of one.

For tcnative, if APR builds and OpenSSL builds then tcnative should
build and, as above, I'd expect it to be a bug if it didn't.

>> The more exotic the platform and/or operating system, the less likely
>> the developers will have access to a version for testing so platform
>> specific issues may be harder to track down.
>
> At the moment ARM64 is still exotic on the server side but since cloud
> providers (e.g. AWS and Huawei) started promoting it we think it might
> become more popular in near future.

Those we can probably handle via the cloud providers. It is the
platforms that have more expensive hardware requirements that can be
tricky. If a committer a) has the time and b) works for a company that
happens to have a dev system they can test on then all is good. If not,
we have to get a little more creative. There is usually a way. I have,
in the past for example, ssh'd into a user's dev system to debug an
issue for them.

Mark