On 15.05.20 13:23, ohaya wrote:
>  Hi,
>
> I just tried adding the secret to the Apache side:
>
> ProxyPass ajp://192.168.218.XXX:8009 secret="123"
> ProxyPassReverse ajp://192.168.218.XXX:8009 secret="123"
>
> and I get an error when I try to start Apache:
>
> AH00526: Syntax error on line 554 of /apps/oracle/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
> ProxyPass unknown Worker parameter
>
> I am currently using Apache 2.4.39. Is there another way to specify the
> "secret"?

With 9.0.20 you do not yet need to pass a secret - that came along later
(somewhere around 30-33 AFAIR). However, you'll need to make sure that
your AJP port is only available for the reverse proxy and nobody else -
there was a recent security disclosure, which led to the change of many
default settings for the AJP connector in the current releases.

It boils down to the last sentence of my previous answer: I've never
used REMOTE_USER headers for authentication, and there's no indicator in
your setup that you're allowing Tomcat to trust such a header. I might
be completely off here, but as nobody else answered yet, I thought I'd
give it a try.

Olaf