On 20.07.20 15:55, Celestino Federico (ETAS-SEC/ISY-IT) wrote:

> Could someone tell me how to find a debdiff for tomcat8 package from
> version *8.5.39-1ubuntu1~18.04.3* (last version available on Ubuntu
> 18) and version *8.5.56*?

My expectation is that you'll have to create this yourself. In the
Debian world, they typically pick a version of any packaged software and
/might/ backport individual fixes from later releases, but won't update
to a newer minor version in most cases.

I'm not really sure where the sources are kept for the Debian packages,
but there you should be able to see the commit history, and potentially
all fixes that have been backported.

Personally, I find Tomcat releases stable (and backwards-compatible)
enough that I rarely rely on any distribution for Tomcat installations,
but rather take the stock download from tomcat.apache.org and add a
daemon start script.

Olaf