From: Christopher Schultz [mailto:ch...@christopherschultz.net]
Sent: Friday, January 15, 2021 7:41 PM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: Re: Tomcat server not considering Mime Type - Request urgent help!!

CAUTION:   This email originated from outside the organization. Do not click
links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content
is safe.

Swathi,

On 1/15/21 08:41, Jonnalagadda, Swathi (External) wrote:
> My web application is trying to open the xls file by passing the file
> to request.getDispatcher method. It is supposed open up download
> dialogue box but it is not doing.
After you get a request dispatcher, what are you doing with it?

> If I set the content-type explicitly to response it is showing up the box.

Please post actual code.

> With Tomcat 7 it was never an issue and it used to consider mimetype
> that is defined in web.xml but in Tomcat 9 not sure why it is not
> considering mime-type.

Something seems odd, here. Post your sample code.

-chris