Hi Tillmann,

Am 2021-01-29 11:00, schrieb Tillmann Schulz:
Hi there,

I am using Tomcat 8.5.58 and have a problem with JSESIONID cookie.
It should be possible to completly deactivate the jsessionid cookie
with the following code:

<%@ page session="false" %>

If you do that and call the JSP, there is in no entry under cookies in
google chrome's cookie list (if you press F12 in chrome) .
But in chrome's cookie list there is a host entry for the hostname of the JSP.
This is confusing, because there are no cookies set.

I am not sure if this is a tomcat issue, but under firefox it also
looks simular.

Is it possible to completly deactivate cookies? There shouldn't be any
hostname visible in the cookie view.

I doubt that this is a matter of the usage of cookies. That's default behaviour of the browser, that will create that per site. Go to a site that does not use sessions (and tomcat) and it will have that entry.

Peter

Thank you for your help in advance

Tillmann