If you are not running a reverse-proxy in front of Tomcat, then it does absolutely nothing for you.

If you *are* running a reverse-proxy in front of Tomcat, then it *may* do something for you, depending upon what software you are using and what its configuration is.

Thanks.

Hmm. We have *something* on one of our cloud servers, that has Tomcat sitting behind httpd (on the same box), and we have load balancing (through a couple of AWS Beanstalks) on our cloud-based product, but I don't know if the AJP port is involved in any of that.

--
JHHL