Chris,

On 4/12/21 12:50, Chris Cheshire wrote:

On Apr 9, 2021, at 3:02 PM, Chris Cheshire <yahoono...@gmail.com> wrote:

My googlefu is failing me here.

I am trying to figure out some anomalous database connection behavior in my
tomcat web app. I have enabled JMX/RMI and have visualvm running on my local
machine.

I found the ability to monitor the active connections as a live chart, and it
has an export data function. This export creates a csv with what is supposed to
be a time stamp and a count but the time stamp is in a 5.6 format. I have never
seen this before. How do I convert this into something normal - millis since
epoch or even a human readable ISO format?

Example
44295.607552

Chris

When all else fails ... RTFS

So it’s the number of days since 1900.  Why? Because Excel (and Lotus 1-2-3)

Well... they chose to use days-since-epoch and chose a different epoch than you did. Since it's all arbitrary and relative, why is yours better than theirs?

The only thing truly Lotus/Excel-y about this is that they both implement 1900 as a leap-year (which it isn't).

-chris