On 21/05/2021 05:51, Mathiazhagan, Saravanakumar TPC wrote:
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the quick response.

I suspect some sort of configuration issue. A guess would be that JBoss
EAOP isn't configured to append the jvmRoute (to use the Tomcat
configuration setting name) to the session ID.

I configured IE to show prompt when cookies are set. I can see the jvmRoute
value in JSessionID generated, with the format {someID}.{workerName}.

You may need to look at the access log and/or network traffic to see
what is going on. That usually sheds some light on these sorts of issues.

I cross verified the access logs. One thing I noticed is consistently the
request switches between servers. So, every time the server gets request, a
new session (JSESSIONID) is being sent out.
 From the network side too, no special rules are setup.
With same jvmRoute and network settings, sticky session works properly when I
use Jboss 6.4 version and 32-bit DLL.

If the 32 bit DLL has to work fine with Jboss7.2, then I get a feeling I am
missing something, but not able to figure out exactly what the issue is.

Please let me know if there are any particular configurations that need to be
checked.

At this point, I'd suggest tracing a series of requests from client to server and checking, at each stage, that the behaviour is as you expect. Where does it go wrong? That may point you in the right direction.

I'd be wanting to check things like:
- does a new request get a new session ID
- does the worker name match the node that handled the request
- do the access logs confirm the request went to the right worker

- for the second request, does the client sent the session cookie
- does the lb see the session cookie and route the request to the right
  host

It sounds like things are going wrong around this point.

Mark