Service configurations are service configurations. You won't run the
other options as service, so those are for the JVM that is used for the
service. And I'm not aware that a service is stopped as the command line
version. At least I'd hope so - a standard JVM would be good enough, if
the start/stop mechanism not handled in the windows executable anyway.

Note: This is dangerous half-knowledge. I haven't been on Windows for
ages, just read about it still being around from time to time.

CATALINA_OPTS is utilized by the startup batch/script file, which is not
used for services /at all/.

Olaf