On 8/6/21 9:17 AM, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:

Try to find what *.jar file in your system contains the above classes.

E.g. searching for string "crimson" in *.jar files.
That string will be visible in the archive file as it is a name of a directory.

I've learned that QShell (a *nix-like shell that was added with Java support) on an AS/400 does have both "find" and "grep," so it wasn't quite so futile as I thought.

If I go into QShell, navigate to the JVM home directory, and do a
"find . -name '*.jar'"
I get

     ./jre/lib/ppc64/compressedrefs/jclSC180/vm.jar
     ./jre/lib/ppc64/default/jclSC180/vm.jar
     ./jre/lib/ext/db2_classes18.jar
     ./jre/lib/ext/CmpCrmf.jar
     ./jre/lib/ext/IBMSecureRandom.jar
     ./jre/lib/ext/cldrdata.jar
     ./jre/lib/ext/dnsns.jar
     ./jre/lib/ext/dtfj.jar
     ./jre/lib/ext/dtfjview.jar
     ./jre/lib/ext/gskikm.jar
     ./jre/lib/ext/healthcenter.jar
     ./jre/lib/ext/ibmcmsprovider.jar
     ./jre/lib/ext/ibmjcefips.jar
     ./jre/lib/ext/ibmjceplus.jar
     ./jre/lib/ext/ibmjceprovider.jar
     ./jre/lib/ext/ibmkeycert.jar
     ./jre/lib/ext/ibmpkcs11impl.jar
     ./jre/lib/ext/ibmsaslprovider.jar
     ./jre/lib/ext/ibmxmlcrypto.jar
     ./jre/lib/ext/ibmxmldsigprovider.jar
     ./jre/lib/ext/ibmxmlencprovider.jar
     ./jre/lib/ext/jaccess.jar
     ./jre/lib/ext/localedata.jar
     ./jre/lib/ext/nashorn.jar
     ./jre/lib/ext/traceformat.jar
     ./jre/lib/ext/xmlencfw.jar
     ./jre/lib/ext/zipfs.jar
     ./jre/lib/aggressive.jar
     ./jre/lib/charsets.jar
     ./jre/lib/dataaccess.jar
     ./jre/lib/ddr/j9ddr.jar
     ./jre/lib/deploy.jar
     ./jre/lib/ibmcertpathfw.jar
     ./jre/lib/ibmcertpathprovider.jar
     ./jre/lib/ibmcfw.jar
     ./jre/lib/ibmjcefw.jar
     ./jre/lib/ibmjgssfw.jar
     ./jre/lib/ibmjgssprovider.jar
     ./jre/lib/ibmjssefw.jar
     ./jre/lib/ibmjsseprovider2.jar
     ./jre/lib/ibmorb.jar
     ./jre/lib/ibmorbapi.jar
     ./jre/lib/ibmpkcs.jar
     ./jre/lib/ibmsaslfw.jar
     ./jre/lib/javaws.jar
     ./jre/lib/management-agent.jar
     ./jre/lib/math.jar
     ./jre/lib/plugin.jar
     ./jre/lib/resources.jar
     ./jre/lib/rt.jar
     ./jre/lib/se-service.jar
     ./jre/lib/security/US_export_policy_56bit.jar
     ./jre/lib/security/local_policy_56bit.jar
     ./jre/lib/security/policy/limited/US_export_policy.jar
     ./jre/lib/security/policy/limited/local_policy.jar
     ./jre/lib/security/policy/unlimited/US_export_policy.jar
     ./jre/lib/security/policy/unlimited/local_policy.jar
     ./jre/lib/tools/monitoring-api.jar
     ./jre/lib/xml.jar
     ./jre/lib/xmldsigfw.jar
     ./IBMmisc.jar
     ./lib/dt.jar
     ./lib/ibmorbtools.jar
     ./lib/jconsole.jar
     ./lib/tools.jar
     ./lib/IBMi5OSJSSE.jar

If I do a "find . -name '*crimson*'", I get nothing.

If I do a "find . -name '*.jar' -exec grep -l 'crimson' {} \;", I also get nothing.

So unless anybody else has any ideas, I'm once again stuck, at least on this angle.

Mark Thomas wrote:
Tomcat 7 doesn't have JASPIC support so you'll never see this issue in Tomcat 7.

. . . to which I replied (seriously, rather than flippantly) "What's a JASPIC?"

I've finally taken a look at what JASPIC is. Interesting. If it's JASPIC support in Tomcat 8 that is throwing exceptions and killing manager under this particular Java 8 JVM, is there a way to disable it, at least until the customer has their PTFs up to date?

--
JHHL