вт, 22 мар. 2022 г. в 20:21, Rony G. Flatscher (Apache) <r...@apache.org>:

> For debugging purposes I downloaded the zip-version of Tomcat 10.0.18 and
> start it up using
> %CATALINA_HOME%\bin\startup.bat.
>
> <skip>
>
> Probably I have been doing something wrong in the past hours and not seeing
> the forest for the trees
> anymore I kindly request help: what is needed to successfully redirect stderr
> and stdout to
> %CATALINA_HOME%\logs after unzipping Tomcat 10 and starting it on Windows
> using
> %CATALINA_HOME%\bin\startup.bat?
>
> TIA for any help/pointer!

First, I second Chris's answer

вт, 22 мар. 2022 г. в 22:19, Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>:
> <skip>
>
> ... Windows CAN redirect both stdout and stderr to
> two different places, and also to combine them just like you can on *nix:
>
> bin\catalina.bat run 2>&1 > stdout_stderr.log
>
> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-xp/bb490982(v=technet.10)?redirectedfrom=MSDN

Note that
"startup.bat" is an equivalent of calling "catalina.bat start".
"shutdown.bat" is an equivalent of "catalina.bat stop".

The above command (with " run") is a different one:
it starts Tomcat in the same console window, as opposed to " start"
that opens a new console window.

Second,
To redirect java.util.logging output to a file, replace ConsoleHandler
in conf/logging.properties with a FileHandler that writes all those
log lines to a file.

Actually, logging.properties already has such a FileHandler
configured. See the following line:

.handlers = 1catalina.org.apache.juli.AsyncFileHandler,
java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler

It configures handlers for "." (the root). So all the same information
is also being written to a "1catalina" FileHandler. Removing the
"ConsoleHandler" from that line will stop duplicating all those log
messages to the console.

Third,
If you app is actually calling System.err.println(), see about
"swallowOutput" setting here
https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-10.0-doc/logging.html#Console
https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-10.0-doc/config/context.html

Best regards,