On 13.06.22 11:48, Pavan Kumar Tiruvaipati wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Our application is running on Tomcat 6.0.45.
>

> *Operation System* - Linux & Windows
>
> Due to security reasons, we are replacing JDK 1.8 with JRE 1.8.

If you make a change *for security reasons*, you might want to rather
update Tomcat to a version that was release after February 2016, that
hasn't reached its end-of life in December 2016
(https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-60-eol.html).

In general: Yes, Tomcat bundles the eclipse compiler since version 5.5 -
if you really want to make this small step, you might want to post more
information about your particular configuration - e.g. compare your
current installation's configuration with a stock 6.0.45 download. If
you look at a diff between the two, you might see already, what you'd
need to change.

I'd recommend to go with a more current version of Tomcat though -
specifically as you state security reasons for your upgrade. As you
still would compile JSPs, no matter if you use eclipse's or your JDK's
compiler, I don't see a lot of potential security issues being
eliminated by the upgrade that you're planning. Looking at security
fixes in Tomcat since February 2016 likely reveals some issues that
might be a lot easier to exploit.

Olaf