My 2 cents:

I think that it would be a very strange change to make to a generic product
and a "sample" configuration file. If Tomcat was packaged in a
distribution, that might be a more reasonable suggestion. I don't think
Tomcat is insecure because of this; binding to addresses/ports is a key
part of configuration of any deployed system and the responsibility of the
person(s) deploying it to ensure correct basic configuration (which this is
part of).

Also, if an attacker manages to add additional IP addresses to your
machine, and your already running processes start taking requests from
them, I think you have much bigger worries than Tomcat happening to take
requests from multiple addresses at that point as the attacker already
pretty much has full control over your machine and can likely edit your
configuration file anyway....

This CWE is really about a deployed system -- not a library or tool...

Just a thought or two...

(Disclaimer: I have no current involvement in the project's
development/maintenance)