This must have been covered in a previous discussion but I could not find it.

Everything I read about Tomcat 10.1 say it has moved to Jakarta EE, but I also read that Tomcat 10.1 runs on/requires "Java 11+".

This does not make sense to me so I have questions

- Does Tomcat 10.1 run on Java 11+ BUT the webapps require Jakarta EE - how does that even work?

- Does Java 11+ implement Jakarta EE api?

- Does Tomcat 10.1 actually require Jakarta EE 11+

I don't need those specific questions answered but if someone could outline the actual requirements of Tomcat 10.1 and the relationship of Jakarta EE and Java and the webapps within the context of Tomcat 10.1, I would both appreciate it and sleep better :-)

--
Evan