Le jeu. 24 août 2023 à 13:06, Christopher Schultz <
ch...@christopherschultz.net> a écrit :

> Daniel,
>
> On 8/23/23 13:03, Daniel Savard wrote:
> > I didn't specify the actual Tomcat version because the problem occurs
> under
> > all versions. We are running a commercial web application and all of
> sudden
> > after a while Tomcat is crashing without issuing any message. It is very
> > likely due to the application. But the vendor was of no help to solve
> this
> > problem which has existed for a long time. I suspect something like
> > insufficient memory allocated to the VM or something like that. Is there
> > anything I can do to gather more information on the root cause of this
> > issue?
> >
> > Tomcat is running as a service and is restarted automatically if it
> > crashes. Again, the problem is very unlikely to be with Tomcat itself,
> but
> > the tuning of the VM.
>
> What kind of environment (e.g. Windows vs UNIX, etc.)? What is running
> the service? Are there log files for the service which are different
> than usual (e.g. syslog vs catalina.out)?
>
> What are your memory settings, and how much physical RAM do you have?
>
> It's unlikely that the JVM is just disappearing without leaving any
> trace. If you are on Linux, maybe you are the victim of oome-killer?
> That will show in the syslog with a whole lot of output. Search syslog
> for "oom" and you will probably find it right away if that's the cause.
>
> -chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the answer.  It is running on Windows and it is running as a
service which is configured to restart if it fails. No different log files
at my knowledge except application logs.

There is 14 GB physical RAM on this server. Initial memory pool is 4 GB and
maximum memory pool is 8 GB.

Well, the only thing I can say is Tomcat is failing at some point and
shutting itself down or being shutdown or killed, I cannot say the JVM
itself gets killed.

Daniel Savard