On 12/5/23 12:01, Niranjan Rao wrote:
Greetings,

I'm missing something obvious and hoping that someone can point my nose in right direction.

We have a application WAR file that works fine on tomcat 7.0.78. We're trying to migrate this application to 9.0.82. When trying to hit the pages, I'm getting error JSP file not found at WEB-INF/<some location>. The app works fine in tomcat version 7. We have other applications which use similar pattern and are working fine on tomcat 9.

I've checked and checked and confirmed file exists at desired location. Only significant difference between migrated apps and this app I noticed was web.xml points version 4.0 where it works and 3.0 where it does not. Changing version to 4.0 in broken app did not help.

The applications use Spring and serve JSP through spring controllers. Problematic application seems to be initializing properly based on application logs, just that it's not able to include JSP. Any log files do not show any exception trace, but access log file logs the error with 500 status code.

Case sensitive file names, perhaps.

Am I missing something obvious?

Regards,

Niranjan