Chris,

I did not remove the previous service, but in the Tomcat properties manager,
Java tab, all the paths were correct.

However, after reviewing your email, I deleted the tomcat9 service and then
reinstalled it.  That did the trick!  I was able to start the service.

Thank you so much!
(Just a note: I did remove -Djava.endorsed.dirs before starting tomcat)

-cuzi