>> ciphers="SSL_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_MD5,SSL_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_SHA,SSL_DHE_RSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA"

> You need 4.1.32 for the ciphers parameter to take effect.

Worked a treat, cheers.

>> Second it says I have UserDir enabled (like apache mod_userdir I assume) but
>> again I cant find a way to disable it

>Remove the UserConfig listener from you host. See User Web
>Applications in
>http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/host.html

Also worked a treat

>> Third if I telnet to port 80 and issue "GET / HTTP/1.0" the "Location"
>> header contain the local ip address not the public one, It's sat behind a
>> firewall.
>> I tried the "server=external ip" in each connector but I still get the
>> internal ip address returned, any way to fix it?

>Not something I have ever done (or tested) but proxyName on the
>connector looks like what you want.

This one didn’t work, I'll try and explain a little better.

I've got a tomcat host listening on port 80, in front of it is a firewall that
maps through to port 80. The firewall ip is, say, 150.1.1.1 and the tomcat
internal ip is 192.168.1.1.
There is one <connector> for port 80 in server.xml. There are approx 20 <host>
definitions bound to that port.
The problem comes when you telnet to the public ip(150.1.1.1) and issue "GET /
HTTP/1.0". In the response you get "Location: 192.168.1.1" therefore leaking
the internal ip structure.

If I now put a proxyName="150.1.1.1" in the connector, every correct request to
the <host> addresses gets directed to "150.1.1.1" , even proper
"GET / HTTP/1.1
Hostname: www.hostedsite.com", ignoring the Hostname bit and showing the first
listed <host>
Obviously not good for the hosted sites :)

Now, if I put a proxyName="www.hostedsite.com" in the <host> bit and
proxyName="150.1.1.1" in the <connector> bit, the <connector takes pref and
sites still get directed to "150.1.1.1", again not so good.

If I then remove the proxyName="150.1.1.1" from the <connector> bit and leave
proxyName="www.hostedsite.com" in the <host> bit I go back to the original
problem, "192.168.1.1" is shown in the Location header.

Is there a something like proxyName that works on <connector> but doesn’t hog
every request.

Hope I explained it clearly!

>> Lastly (I think) the version header is always "Apache-Coyote/1.1", any way
>> to change it to "Coyote" easily?

>Set the server parameter on each connector.

Again, worked a treat

you have received this email in error please notify netXtra Ltd. Please note
that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. This email or any
attachments do not constitute an offer. The contents of this e-mail and any
attachments may contain viruses that could damage your own computer systems.
Whilst netXtra Ltd has taken every precaution to minimise this risk, we cannot
accept liability for any damage that you may sustain as a result of viruses