All,

On 4/10/24 4:00 AM, Mark Thomas wrote:
On 09/04/2024 17:17, prat 007 wrote:
Hi All,

I would like to know is there a way to find tomcat's server.built and
server.number remotely using tool loke curl or from browser?

In a default installation, no.

You'd have to write a servlet that reported that information and then request that page.

... and it might represent an information leakage vulnerability in your application. Be Careful.

Shall we start the flame war now on whether exposing the current version you are running represents a valid vulnerability or if hiding it is just security by obscurity? Or do you want to save it for Bratislava?

:)

More seriously, your time is likely to be better spent (in my view) keeping your Tomcat installations up to date with the latest releases than it is ensuring that you hide the version number.

Mark