Hi Zsolt-

Straight from the doc
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/class-loader-howto.html
If you're using webappX classloader the search order is
  a.. Bootstrap classes of your JVM
  b.. System class loader classses (described above)
    a.. $CATALINA_HOME/bin/bootstrap.jar - Contains the main() method that is
used to initialize the Tomcat 5 server, and the class loader implementation
classes it depends on.
    b.. $JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar - Contains the "javac" compiler used to
convert JSP pages into servlet classes.
    c.. $CATALINA_HOME/bin/commons-logging-api.jar - Jakarta commons logging
API.
    d.. $CATALINA_HOME/bin/commons-daemon.jar - Jakarta commons daemon API.
    e.. jmx.jar - The JMX 1.2 implementation.
  c.. /WEB-INF/classes of your web application
  d.. /WEB-INF/lib/*.jar of your web application
  e.. $CATALINA_HOME/common/classes
  f.. $CATALINA_HOME/common/endorsed/*.jar
  g.. $CATALINA_HOME/common/i18n/*.jar
  h.. $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib/*.jar
  i.. $CATALINA_BASE/shared/classes
  j.. $CATALINA_BASE/shared/lib/*.jar

  Martin--
This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain confidential and
privileged information for the use of the
designated recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that you have received
this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination,
distribution or copying of it or its
contents