In every install I've done, I've only needed the tomcat download from tomcat.apache.org (and a JVM of course). Never needed to get extra stuff direct from Sun's site. Sounds like you are trying to use some third party package install that added dependencies.

--David

Enrico Weigelt wrote:
* Nelson, Tracy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Not sure what you mean by 'commercial crap', Java is OSS now, and Tomcat
always has been.

maybe I missed something, but tomcat requires several packages,
ie. sun-jimi, which are NOT free (and cannot be downloaded directly).

cu