Try Shift+Reload.  I don't think Ctrl+Reload does anything.

--David

Mon Cab wrote:

I am using WinSCP to open and edit jsp's on my remote Tomcat server.  I
open the file from the server to edit and add a hello world into the
Login jsp.  Then I request the page in IE 6 and it loads the page and
hello world is displayed.  The page loads within a second (is this
enough time for a jsp to compile ??!).

Then I edit the file in WinSCP again to remove the "hello world" from
the login jsp, and I click on ctrl + refresh in IE6.  The login page
reloads almost immediately and hello world is still displaying.  I hit
ctrl refresh over and over, and cant get rid of hello world.  I check
Login.jsp on the server ant "hello world" is definitely not in there.

I go into the work directory tomcat5.0/work/Catalina/localhost/myWebapp and notice that the
Login_jsp.java file is 3 hours old.  I delete this as well as the
Login_jsp.class file.  I try reload the page (ctrl +refresh).  "Hello
world" is still displaying.
I look in the work folder.  No new Login_jsp.java file, and no new
Login_jsp.class file.
I add "aaaaaagh" into the Login.jsp file.  Hit reload in explorer and
"aaaaaagh" displays.  But there is still no new Login_jsp.java file,
and no new Login_jsp.class file!!!!

If I rename the file to Login1.jsp and then click on reload in IE6,
after the third attempt Tomcat realizes there's no JSP file and logs an
error in catalina.log.  Then if I rename the Login.jsp back to
Login.jsp, tomcat reloads the file and displays it correctly. What is going on?? I feel like I'm in the Twilight zone.