It is likely that some other class in your webapp is on the
stack when the permission check occurs and it causing the
check to fail.  You could try ".../WEB-INF/-" to expand
the grant to the entire webapp and see what happens.

To diagnose this kind of exception, you can add the following
system property to your Tomcat startup:

    -Djava.security.debug=access,failure

In the volumes of log output created, search for "access
denied".  A little beyond where you find this, look for
"domain that failed".  That will tell you what is missing
the required permission.  Note that some permission failures
are normal and won't cause a problem.

Cheers,
Larry