Looking at the source code for the class my.package.action.ModelAction will get you to the entry point for handling the request. Depending on the size of the app and how well versed your predecessor was, this could be the whole back-end or it could call other classes to handle the database back-end. Either way, this class is where to start looking when tracing back what's happening.

--David

Steve Ingraham wrote:
Hi Steve,

Since you are using a struts application, you would be better off asking this question on the struts user mailing list. In any case, you can look inside the /WEB-INF/struts-config.xml file and there should be a mapping between the <action> and the invoked class:

e.g., something like:

<action
      path="/model"
      type="my.package.action.ModelAction"
Good luck,
Cheers,
--
Haroon Rafique
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Thanks for that information.  So here is what I found in the
/WEB-INF/struts-config.xml file.  Is this what you were referring to
above?  Can you tell me what I am reading here?

  <!-- ========== Action Mapping Definitions
============================== -->

  <action-mappings>

    <!-- Below is the general modification required to tie Struts to
Keel -->
    <action  path="/model"
             type="org.keel.clients.struts.ModelAction"
             name="none"
             scope="request">
    </action>

  </action-mappings>

Will this direct me to the script that is used to pass the input data to
the database fields?  If not, am I even looking in the location to find
out this information?

Steve