> In the working directory of the process. Of course you need enough free
> disk space.

working directory means something like:
/TomcatServer/work/Catalina/localhost/webapp_name/ ?
because there is nothing there :( and there is enough free space.

> There is also
>
> -XX:HeapDumpPath=DIRECTORY_OR_FILE
>
> (Caution: I don't know, if all JVM versions that implement
> -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError, implement this one too).
>
> You should check in the process table (if it's a unix like system) if
> your switches are picked up appropriately.

/usr/local/jdk/bin/java -server -Xms512m -Xmx1024m
-XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError
-Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager
-Djava.endorsed.dirs=/usr/local/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9/common/endorsed
-classpath
:/usr/local/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9/bin/bootstrap.jar:/usr/local/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9/bin/commons-logging-api.jar
 -Dcatalina.base=/usr/local/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9
-Dcatalina.home=/usr/local/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9
-Djava.io.tmpdir=/usr/local/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9/temp
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap start

is the process info. Any clue why it didn't get generated?