Hi. I have my session-timeout set to 60 minutes in web.xml. The page in question is dynamically rendered based on what's currently in the session and the user adds items one at a time. So they fill out a form, submit it to a Struts Action which adds it to the Session object and then forwards back to that page where the new item is added to a list or an error message is given.

Everything works fine except that the session will time-out and then they are forwarded to the "session-timeout-login-again" page. Since the data is written to the DB after they have added all items some people are losing their work if they happen to hit that 60 minutes.

Does submitting a new Request not constitute a "reset" of the session-timeout? The page should not be cached since a new item is added or an error message is given after every form submit.

Thanks in advance for any help / advice. All the best.