On my box if i use the Xms20m and Xmx20m the Runtime.getRuntime().totalMemory()
gives:
Total Memory: 20840448. Free Memory left: 1618328

I see from remote box (where the webapp should work) log that the memory
results, just after the application is started, gives:
Total Memory: 15679488. Free Memory left: 4928976
15mb total and only 5 free.

I notice that when free memory get low, total memory resize a bit, but today it
thrown the first out of memory of heap when the situation was:
Total Memory: 66650112. Free Memory left: 451216

It means it allocated only 66mb while according to the configuration it should
allocate at least 256mb

The question is easy: if i used xms, shouldn't the total memory be at least
that value when the application is boot?