Martin,

Martin Gainty wrote:
> On the <Connector you can set
> connectionTimeout = "0" for indefinite timeout
>
> also a keepAliveTimeout on the Sender which I believe defaults to 60 sec
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/cluster-howto.html

Once again, irrelevant and incorrect.

The OP is asking about the session timeout, and you are telling him
about request connection timeouts which are in no way related.

To answer your question, Adam, the web.xml supplied with your
application should be able to override any of the defaults set in
TOMCAT_HOME/conf/web.xml, including your session timeout.

I don't believe there is a way to disable the ability to override any
particular configuration parameter using something like server.xml.

-chris