Thanks for your attention!   I'll try RegEX!

-----Mensagem original-----
De: Rashmi Rubdi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Enviada em: sábado, 12 de maio de 2007 00:04
Para: Tomcat Users List
Assunto: Re: Tomcat 6 trimDirectiveWhitespaces

On 5/11/07, Milanez, Marcus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Do I need something else besides declaring <%@ page
> trimDirectiveWhitespaces="false" %> to have my page's white spaces
> trimmed? This directive doesn't seem to work at all...

You are right it doesn't seem to work on Tomcat 6.0.10, well I think you don't
need anything else , just setting trimDirectiveWhitespaces="true" is supposed
to work but it didn't either.

Well the trimDirectiveWhitespaces doesn't remove all white spaces in a HTML
page, it is only supposed to remove the blank lines left behind by JSP
directives (as described here
http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/J2EE/jsp_21/ ) when the HTML is
rendered.

If you want to trim all white spaces one option is Ant RegEx (see
bottom: http://ant.apache.org/manual/OptionalTasks/replaceregexp.html)

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Marcus

Regards