I think you'd be better off spending your time (== money) on CPU, RAM,
and disk space than doing this. It's one of those ideas that looks
good on paper, but sucks in practice.

Larry

On 6/7/07, rhodebump <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I have 5 war files, each containing the springframework, hibernate jars,
tapestry jars, lots of jars so that each war file is 30 megs.

I wonder, from a performance/memory perspective would it be better to move
these common library jars into the /tomcat/common/lib directory, or should I
keep them in their individual war file structures?

I understand how moving the stuff into /common/lib means everything uses the
save version, but what is best for performance?

Thanks!