This is my connection:

package um.persistence;

import java.sql.Connection;
import java.sql.SQLException;
import javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet;
import java.sql.DriverManager;

public class PersistenceFacade {

  //----------- fields ---------//

 public static final String CONNECTION_DRIVER =
"com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver";
 public static final String CONNECTION_USER   = "username";
 public static final String CONNECTION_PASS   = "password";
 public static final String CONNECTION_URL    = "url";

 static {
    try {
      Class.forName(CONNECTION_DRIVER);
    } catch (ClassNotFoundException ex) {
   ex.printStackTrace();
    }
 }

 private String connectionUrl  = null;
 private String connectionUser = null;
 private String connectionPass = null;

 //------------ constructors -----------//

 //public PersistenceFacade() {}

 public PersistenceFacade(HttpServlet servlet) {
  connectionUser = servlet.getInitParameter(CONNECTION_USER);
  connectionPass = servlet.getInitParameter(CONNECTION_PASS);
  connectionUrl  = servlet.getInitParameter(CONNECTION_URL);
 }

 //------------- public methods -----------//

 public Connection getConnection() throws SQLException {

        System.err.println("getConnection startet!");

  if(connectionUser == null) {
   throw new SQLException("Missing parameter "+CONNECTION_USER);
  } else if(connectionPass == null) {
   throw new SQLException("Missing parameter "+CONNECTION_PASS);
  } else if(connectionUrl == null) {
   throw new SQLException("Missing parameter "+CONNECTION_URL);
  }
  return DriverManager.getConnection(
    connectionUrl,
    connectionUser,
    connectionPass
  );
 }

 public void closeConnection(Connection conn) {
    try {
      if(!conn.isClosed()) {
        conn.close();
      }
    } catch (SQLException ex) {
   ex.printStackTrace();
    }
 }

 //------------ private methods ----------//
}

And I call the PersistenceFacade like this:

PersistenceFacade persistenceFacade = new PersistenceFacade(getServlet());

conn = persistenceFacade.getConnection();

I get no errors only a white screen!!!!!