First, I just want to say that I sure appreciate all the help I am getting on
this list and I don't deserve to even associate with highly intelligent beings
such as yourselves.

We shutdown and restart our tomcat 5.5.23 server nightly.  Initially, a
maintenance page for system backup gets copied and then it gets bounced with
the shutdown.sh and startup.sh scripts.  Since we upgraded last Friday, it's
not always starting up.  I see this message in the log:

SEVERE: Error initializing endpoint
java.net.BindException: Address already in use (errno:226):80

I've checked server.xml and I only have one connector using this port.  Perhaps
all the connections are not getting terminated when it shuts down?  How do I
fix this problem?  How do I figure out what is the cause?