I doubt tomcat limits the number of Threads per session. To get the
session id, tomcat need to parse the request, but this parsing occurs in
the Http-Thread that handle that network connection. Having that
HTTP-thread wait would be, for tomcat, wasting a Thread.

On the other hand, it's common courtesy of browser to limit the number
of connection per server to a reasonable amount (4 or 8 generally). AJAX
request can't escape that limit :)

Since you are using firefox, i suggest you take a look at
about:config -> filter=network.http

You might find there useful configuration helps.

En l'instant précis du 14/08/07 11:08, Riechert, Andree s'exprimait en
ces termes:

--
http://www.noooxml.org/