we are getting the GC printed on to the same catalina.out and we see that the
memberAdded messages appear almost at the time of GB getting printed, does
it prove that longer GC pauses are causing this? is there any other data
points/proof can be get?

rearding "network problems", we are requesting the network to capture the
multicast traffic between these nodes, is there anything you suggest us to
do?

regaring "increase the membership timeout" we plan to increase this to 5
minutes, do you have any other suggestions.  tomcat startup takes almost 70
seconds ( it hosts almost 32 apps) and all of them are clustered.

regards,