-----Mensagem original-----
De: news [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Em nome de Morten
Enviada em: terça-feira, 21 de agosto de 2007 09:11
Para: users@tomcat.apache.org
Assunto: Re: Memory problems

>> Are there any way to stop Tomcat from cached these large byte[]
>> internally?
>> The ByteChunks are referenced from IntermediateOutputstream,
>> C2BConverter and OutputBuffer.

>Hmm.  Those are all Tomcat util classes, so they're almost certainly
>held by something else.  Can you find out what's holding on to those
>instances, and make sure the chain of references goes entirely through
>Tomcat rather than via JBoss, your webapp or something you've cached in
>your session?

The graph looks like this:

The byte[] is referenced from:
- ByteChunk (A)
- ByteChunk (B)

ByteChunk (A) is referenced by:
- org.apache.tomcat.util.buf.C2BConverter (AA)
- org.apache.tomcat.util.buf.IntermediateOutputStream (AB)
- org.apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer (AC)

ByteChunk (B) is referenced by:
- org.apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer (AC)

C2BConverter (AA) is referenced by:
- HashMap$Entry (AAA)
- org.apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer (AC)

IntermediateOutputStream (AB) is referenced by:
- org.apache.tomcat.util.buf.C2BConverter (AA)
- org.apache.tomcat.util.buf.WriteConvertor (ABA)
- sun.nio.cs.StreamEnocder (ABB)

OutputBuffer (AC) is referenced by:
- org.apache.catalina.conncetor.CoyoteOutputStream (ACA)
- org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteWriter (ACB)
- org.apache.catalina.connector.Response (ACC)

HashMap$Entry (AAA) is referenced by:
- <class>[]

org.apache.catalina.conncetor.CoyoteOutputStream (ACA) is referenced by:
- org.apache.catalina.connector.Response (ACC)

org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteWriter (ACB) is referenced by:
- org.apache.catalina.connector.Response (ACC)

org.apache.catalina.connector.Response (ACC) is referenced by:
- org.apache.catalina.connector.ResponseFacade (ACCA)
- <class>[] (ACCB)
- org.apache.catalina.connector.Request (ACCC)

I cannot find any trace of any JBoss or any webapp class.

Best regards,
Morten