Ok, that makes it clear to me.
Thanks for the exhaustive reply!

Btw., I didn't configure the servers, I'm just trying to get my forms data
through and understand as much as possible. :-)

So I switched to GET, but again, I ran into issues, this time it is
character-encoding related.
The Tomcats all have URIEncoding="UTF-8" set, and it works whithout the
rewrite-induced redirect.

But when redirect is used, the following happens:

The parameter "führung" becomes "f%C3%BChrung" in my JSPs. I did
"AddDefaultEncoding UTF-8" in my Apache config, that doesn't help. Is there a
configuration option for mod_rewrite or mod_jk that I have to set to make it
work? I tried the "ForwardURIxxx" options on my mod_jk, but they didn't help.
Any Ideas?

Thanks a lot for the help so far!

Regards,

Michael