I wold STRONLY recommend you DO NOT touch the CLASSPATH env variable. It's just a horrible idea. What is it about your webservice that requires the alteration of CLASSPATH? Can you describe that a bit more? The standard classloader structure works very well in virtually all other cases.

--David

Tomás Tormo wrote:
Hi again

I've tried to set the classpath in catalina.sh in order to have my own classpath set when tomcat starts up ( I show it in catalina.sh as well and it looks good). But my problem is that when I show it in my webservice (using System.out.println(System.getProperty("java.class.path"))) it is changed again (it only points to a few jar files in /bin folder) and therefore my webservice can't work properly. Shouldn't it be pinting to my my /webapp/webservice/WEB-INF/lib folder as well? Does anybody know how to fix this problem?

Hakan: I've tried the solution you gave me (create a setenv.sh script called from startup.sh) but tomcat don't start up!

Thank you very much for your future answers :p

Tomás Tormo escribió:
Hi Hakan

First of all thank you for your fast answer ;).

Do you mean to create an script called setenv.sh wich will set the CLASSPATH (by export CLASSPATH.. etc)? This script should be called by a modified startup.sh?

By they way, I printed the CLASSPATH in my webservice (using System.out.println(System.getProperty("java.class.path")); ) and it says that my CLASSPATH is only pointing to a few jars in the bin folder, not even to my /lib folder in my webservice folder (I hope I explained myself well, I'm not using war files). Shouldn't it be pointing to my /webapp/webservice/WEB-INF/lib folder as well?

Thank you!!

Greetings!!

Hakan Koseoglu escribió:
Hi Tomás,