Hi
I am going through all of the potential settings I can set for mod_jk
and am not sure how the route property in mod_jk might be used.

I understand that this help to differentiate different servers in a load
balanced cluster to prevent sessions getting mixed up and to do session
stickyness.

If however this defaults to machine name this would only be used when
running two instances of tomcat on the same physical box. It then seems
to me that the only time you would really use jvmroute is when you have
multiple instances of tomcat running on the same box.

Does anyone know of other scenarios when this might be usefull or
imaginative ways of using this.

Regards