I'm sorry I just found out that the cause of the failure described below
lies one step before the class.forName-statement.

Before I'm trying to load the classes with
ClassLoader cld [...]
URL resource = cld.getResource('path/to/the/class/file.class');
so it's clear to me that this cannot work with class-files located
within a java-archive. But how can resources be loaded from jars this
way?

sorry for the last posting,
Albert