That's not good news for me. Admin application was much easier to use than, say, JMX. Anyway it's strange and pretty misleading that after trying the "/admin" URL on tomcat 6.0, it displays aforementioned message " Tomcat's administration web application is no longer installed by default. Download and install the "admin" package to use it." I would consider it even the bug: it should either return 404 status, or display message "admin application is no longer supported" instead.
Concerning two options you mentioned:
- lambdaprobe: I have never heard about this, but looks interesting; unfortuntelly, according to site docs, it works only for Tomcat 5.x ... - JMX: I tried to connect with jconsole to running Tomcat (5.5, and 6.0) - but MBeans section does not show any Tomcat-specific MBeans (I'm using Java 6). I probably must go through Tomcat documentation describing this, I guess I must change some Tomcat settings for this to get enabled.

GB

Mark Thomas wrote:
Grzegorz Borkowski wrote:
So what's wrong with Admin app? Is it going to be released or not? Very
sad if not, it was quite useful piece of software. Anyway, almost any
server has some admin console like this.

No plans to release if for 6.0.x as no-one has been supporting it for
a while. Alternative options include:
- JMX
- lambdaprobe

Mark